Along with the Machendranath Jatra, the annual #Budget Jatra begins and we need to know five things about this annual event that has been proven by this one also.
1. We are there for life: The document envisages that the government is not a short run coalition but one that has all the time in the world to implement their plans.
2. Election Manifesto Syndrome: The document is generally prepared like an election manifesto, full of promises but everyone knows well there will be no delivery.
3. No Accountability: This document has no sense of accountability. It is a document in isolation and no one is held responsible if nothing gets done.
4. NGO Style Thinking: This document is made like a plan for a NGO, it is about making expenditures, its not looking at what will drive income. Till this becomes a revenue focused document thinking of economic growth, it will run like a NGO, one AGM to another one.
5. Geopolitics Ignored: Given, the bilateral mishap with India and the geo-political quandary it has submerged itself into, a new discourse was completely missing.
So till next Jatra in #2017 it will be business as usual
photo courtesy tweet of Ambassador Richard Morris (@Richard_Nepal)